
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Not sure what I would do with them, but very cool indeed!![]()
From the questions to the seller it looks like a few people have their own stash of Altec large format drivers
That is a pretty cool pair. How do the multi driver horns like that sound? Is there any comb filtering etc going on with two drivers or do they basically combine to make one? Basically are they good for HiFi at all or only for auditorium use?
Auction has been removed. Anybody still have it in their RAM? Screenshot?
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Looks like the bidding got up to 2,125$ before the seller pulled the plug. Someone probably made him a good offer to end the auction![]()

Vintage Altec Lansing 2 329A Horn 4 291 16 Drivers and 2 30940 Y Throats | eBay
- - - Updated - - -
When I was working with Altec I had a talk with one of the speaker guys. He gave me an explanation, much of which went over my head, but he said the reason the drivers face forward as opposed to angled towards each other like most Y-throats, was for just that reason, to minimize comb filtering.
I love the 329, frankly I consider it Altec's best horn. Not to be confused with our beloved moderator.
- - - Updated - - -
Try again, working now.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks